About Attorney Steve Kabler
Steve Kabler is a commercial litigation attorney and shareholder at the Denver law firm of Jones & Keller, P.C. Steve helped found and co-chairs the firm's Health Care Law practice group. He has practiced law in Colorado for more than seventeen years and has experience with the legal issues that affect physicians, hospitals, physician groups and other health care professionals including:
- Medical Board complaints and investigations
- Hospital and peer review actions
- HIPAA compliance issues
- Anti-competitive conduct claims
- Medical practice separation/dissolution disputes
- Enforcement and defense of non-compete agreements.
- Physician employment issues
- Complaints and investigations from other health care licensing boards, such as the Boards of Nursing, Dentistry, Psychology, Chiropractic and Nursing Home Administrators
- General commercial disputes in the health care industry
As a former Senior Assistant Attorney General for the State of Colorado, Steve represented the Board of Medical Examiners, Board of Dental Examiners, Board of Nursing Home Administrators and other professional regulatory agencies in more than 100 cases involving all aspects of health care. Steve served as General Counsel to the Board of Medical Examiners, and advised the Board on regulatory, disciplinary and licensing matters including Board regulations and policies. He also represented the Committee on Anti-Competitive Conduct which investigates claims related to abuse of peer review and privileging.
Steve and the other attorneys at Jones & Keller, P.C., are experienced in the business of health care and medicine, including employment issues, anti-competition claims, practice formations, sales purchases and mergers and regulatory compliance.
Steve has been quoted in Physicians Practice magazine and Physician Notes blog on issues unique to physicians, and has also been featured in articles by The Front Porch and Law Week Colorado.
- Physicians Practice Magazine article: Patient Dismissal: Then When, Why and How (free login required)
- Physicians Practice Blog: HIPPA Compliance: Access to Practice Staff Medical Records (free login required)
- The Front Porch: Front Porch - July 2012 (Used by permission of the Front Porch)
Law Week Colorado, June 25, 2012, featured an article on Steve Kabler and Dan Wartell of Jones & Keler about their $1,000,000 verdict in Durango, Colorado.
When you work with Steve, you will have access to an entire team of lawyers who have extensive experience in the business of medicine.
To schedule a consultation with Steve, contact us online or call 303-573-1600 or 800-507-2168.